If you work or live in a densely populated area in Dubai and find it challenging to locate a parking spot near your office or home, obtaining a parking permit for a multistorey car park could be a beneficial solution.
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) manages these multistorey car parks, which are available for use 24/7. You have the option to pay Dh5 per hour for shorter durations or acquire a monthly or yearly permit if you intend to use them frequently.
Where can one find multistorey car parks in Dubai?
According to RTA, there are eight multistorey parking buildings in Dubai:
- Al Ghubaiba
2. Al Sabkha
4. Al Kifaf
5. Oud Maitha
6. Al Satwa
7. Al Rigga
8. Bani Yas
How to apply for a multistorey parking permit in Dubai?
According to the Road and Transport Authority (RTA), the permit is exclusively available to individuals, companies, or governmental bodies residing or operating in close proximity to the multistorey parking. To obtain a permit, you have several convenient options:
- Apply through the RTA website – rta.ae
• Visit the RTA Customer Happiness Centre in Umm Ramool
• Utilize the ticket vending machines situated at the multistorey parking facilities.
By adhering to these channels, you can easily secure the necessary permits for your parking needs.
For individuals and companies:
Copy of the ownership document for the house or office, title deed, or the Ejari (tenancy contract) is required for the application of a multistorey parking permit.
To apply for a multistorey parking permit online, follow these steps:
- Visit the RTA website using this link: https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/rta-services/service-details?serviceId=3704505 and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
2. Log in using your UAE Pass account. If you don’t have an account, you can easily create one by following the instructions provided here. The UAE Pass is a convenient way to access various platforms, including government and private websites like online banking systems.
3. From the drop-down menu, select ‘Parking Permit for RTA Multistorey Parking’ as the permit type.
4. Enter your Emirates ID and date of birth.
5. Click on ‘Validate your ID’ to automatically fill in your full name. Then, click ‘Next’.
6. Provide the following details for the permit:
– Select the ‘Property Type’ – Homeowner or tenant. If you own the property, enter your villa or apartment number. If you are a tenant, enter your Ejari number.
– Enter your address details.
– Choose the duration of the permit and the multistorey car park.
– Specify the start and end dates of the permit.
- Enter the permit location:
– Select your residential area from the drop-down menu. Only neighborhoods near the multistorey car park will be available.
– Enter your street or apartment number.
- Upload the necessary documents.
9. Add your vehicle details, including the vehicle registration information, Traffic Code Number (TC Number), and license plate.
Confirm your application and make the payment online.
You will receive an SMS notification regarding the acceptance or rejection of your application. According to the RTA, it takes
- Dh700 – 30-day permit
• Dh2,000 – three-month permit
• Dh4,000 – six-month permit
• Dh8,000 – one-year permit
You will also have to pay Dh20 as Knowledge and Innovation fees.