The Dubai Health Authority has started administering Pfizer-BioNTech booster doses to adults. As a result of the threat of COVID-19, particularly new emerging strains, the Ministry of Health and Prevention Adults announced a one-shot booster programme.
The Sinopharm vaccine was only available to those with health issues, those over 50, and those who received the vaccine early in the immunization programme. Those who are fully vaccinated, aged 18 and older, can now get the third jab. Read on to see how COVID-19 booster shots are given in Dubai.
COVID-19 Booster Shots
World Health Organization preliminary reports indicate that the latest version of COVID-19, Omicron, has a major genetic mutation that contributes to the virus’s ability to spread more quickly.
Though research is underway to determine the severity of the new strain, the UAE government has advised everyone, especially senior citizens, those with chronic diseases, and those with a strong will, to take the booster dose as soon as possible.
This holiday season could be one of the busiest in recent years, so an effective vaccine booster campaign is more crucial than ever.
Booster Jab Eligibility
Pfizer-BioNTech users who have had two doses can book a third shot, according to the Dubai Health Authority. Residents of Dubai who have taken Oxford-Astrazeneca or Sputnik V can also receive a booster shot through Pfizer.
Covid-19 Boostershots Centres In Dubai
DHA has designated eight locations in Dubai for the COVID-19 vaccination booster. In order to get the third dose from any of these clinics, you must make an appointment in advance:
- Za’abeel Health Centre
- Al Mizhar Health Centre
- Al Barsha Health Centre
- Nad Al Hamar Health Centre
- Albiet Metwahid Hall in Al Warqa
- Al Garhoud Medical Fitness Centre
- Al Karama Medical Fitness Centre
- One Central COVID-19 Vaccination Centre (available till 16 December)
In Dubai, How To Get Covid-19 Boosters
Appointments can be made through the Dubai Health Authority app or via Whatsapp for the third dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Dubai. Booking can also be completed over the phone.
Booking Through The App
The DHA App has the following steps for booking an appointment:
- Click “Book COVID-19 Vaccine” on the app’s homepage.
- Read the guidelines carefully, then click “Proceed to Book Appointment”.
- Select the vaccination centre of your choice and click “Book Appointment”.
- Select the date and time for your COVID-19 booster vaccination.
- Confirm the booking.
Booking Via Whatsapp
Scheduling the COVID-19 vaccine booster appointment via Whatsapp includes the following steps:
- You can save the number 800 342 to your phone’s contacts.
- Send a “Hello” message to it using Whatsapp.
- You can then choose your preferred language and option three to schedule a vaccination.
- You will be asked to agree to a disclaimer before attaching your medical record number to your WhatsApp account.
- A verification code will be sent to you via text.
- When the process is complete, respond with “MRN linked”.
- Add another MRN or confirm the current one.
- Select the booster centre near you and the preferred time and date.
On the DHA website, enter your Emirates ID number to get your MRN.
DHA bookings can be made by calling
Alternatively, you can make an appointment by calling DHA’s toll-free number 800 342 and following the voice prompts.
You must bring your Emirates ID to the vaccination center, and Dubai visa holders must also bring their passports and Dubai visa copies. Residence visa holders living in Dubai must also provide proof of residence.