With the introduction of video chat, you may now apply for a Golden Visa or finish any procedure involving Dubai residency permits.
The new service, which was launched on January 11 by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFA-Dubai), promises to fulfill immigration and residency services through video chat in under five minutes.
Anyone with a device that has a front camera or webcam can request the video call through the GDRFA website at www.gdrfad.gov.ae.
So here’s how you can video chat with a GDRFA employee immediately, whether you have a query regarding Dubai visas or wish to issue a residency permit.
How does one sign up for a video call with GDRFA?
It is simple to sign up for the video call. The steps you should take are as follows:
- First, visit the GDRFA website: https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en.
- Next, click on the circular video icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- You will then see a registration form pop up.
- Enter your details:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Select an identity document: Enter your Emirates ID or passport number
- Next, select the type of service:
- Naturalization matters
- Golden Visa
- Establishment matters
- Legal advisory
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After that, you’ll be taken to the waiting area on a different page of the GDRFA website.
- Confirm that your microphone and webcam are both active. If not, a pop-up message from your computer or phone will ask you to provide the GDRFA site access to your camera and microphone.
A GDRFA agent will answer the phone shortly after you have granted access.
Customers will be able to use the service to gradually finish all of GDRFA’s services via the new video call service. This includes carrying out follow-up transactions and uploading extra or lacking papers via the video call’s chat box.
GDRFA video call service timings
Currently, users can access the video chat from 7.30 am to 6 pm during regular business hours.
A GDRFA representative stated that the service is anticipated to be available 24/7 in the coming days.