If you struggle with finding parking in the Dubai Marina or Dubai Media City area, there is a convenient solution vailable to save you time. By paying Dh10, you can reserve a parking spot online.
This service, known as ‘Smart Parking Reservation’ (SPR), is provided by the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). Here’s a simple guide on how to use it.
- Dh10 for one hour.
· Dh20 for two hours.
According to the Road and Transport Authority (RTA), the ‘Smart Parking Reservation’ system operates on an hourly basis. The minimum duration for parking is one hour, while the maximum duration is 24 hours. It is important to note that any vehicle exceeding the 24-hour limit will be subject to a fine of Dh1,000.
How to reserve public parking in Dubai
- Begin by downloading the ‘RTA Dubai’ app, which is available for Apple, Android, and Huawei devices. Once downloaded, log in using your UAE Pass account.
2. Once logged in, swipe right until you come across the Parking Services section. Scroll down until you find the ‘Smart Parking Reservation’ service.
3. Select the area where you would like to park. The service will provide you with information on the parking zone, the number of available slots, and the tariff.
4. To secure your parking spot, tap on the ‘Reserve Now’ button.
5. Enter your vehicle’s plate number details.
6. To ensure you can pay for the reserved parking, top up your parking amount balance within the app. Simply tap on the ‘Top Up’ button, select the desired amount, and complete the payment using your credit or debit card or mobile wallet.
7. Once your balance is topped up, tap on the ‘Reserve Now’ button again.
8. Review the details of your reservation and tap ‘Confirm’.
Once these steps are completed, you will receive a notification confirming the reservation of your parking spot. It’s important to note that the reserved spot must be used within two hours, otherwise, the reservation will be automatically canceled.