According to a statement released by Sharjah Police on March 2nd, drivers in Sharjah will receive a 50% discount on all traffic fines for the entire month of March.
The initiative to ease the load of drivers who have accumulated traffic tickets includes the lowered penalty. In addition, the initiative will not impose black points or impound automobiles until there are major infractions.
Serious infractions including reckless driving, endangering life, speeding detected by radar, running red lights, and others are not eligible for the discount, according to Sharjah Police.
Where to pay traffic fines in Sharjah
According to Sharjah Police, there are three ways for drivers to pay their fines:
- The Ministry of Interior app – ‘MOI UAE’
- The app “Sharjah Police”
- “Sahl” devices, which are self-service payment kiosks, are available at police stations and in Sharjah’s larger malls.
How to pay Sharjah traffic fines on the MOI app
Step 1: Log in to the MOI app
- Download the “MOI UAE” app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Use your UAE Pass to log in, or make an account just for the MOI app. Your entire name, mobile number, email address, and Emirates ID number are required for this.
Step 2: Find the traffic fine payment service
Open the app, select the’services’ menu at the bottom of the screen, select the first category, ‘Traffic Services,’ and then choose ‘Traffic Fines Payment.
Step 3: Choose how you wish to search for fines on your record
You will find four ways of searching for traffic fines:
- Traffic Code Number
- Licence number
- Plate number
- Emirates ID
Next, tap the ‘view fines’ button.
Step 4: View the discounted traffic fines
The MOI app will display your traffic fines based on the information you provided about your traffic license. According to the MOI call center at 8005000, Sharjah’s reduced fines will automatically appear in the MOI app. For instance, if you originally received a fine of Dh600, it will appear as Dh300 on the app.
Step 5: Pay for the traffic fine
Once you’ve decided on a fee, hit the green “pay” button that will show up in the lower right corner of your smartphone’s screen.
You’ll then be taken to the MOI payment site. The fine must be paid with a debit or credit card.
After you pay the fine, MOI will send you a digital receipt.
How to pay traffic fines on the Sharjah Police app
Similar to this, only the reduced fines will be displayed on the Sharjah Police app, which is accessible on Apple and Android smartphones, when you pay the fine. The steps that you must take are listed below.
- Download the “Sharjah Police” app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- After that, open the app on your phone and select the second choice from the navigation tab at the bottom of the screen.
- A menu tab will then appear at the top of your screen. Choose the red button that is the last available option. This is the ‘Traffic and Licensing Services’ section.
- Click on the “Traffic Fines” menu item.
- Click or tap “Access Service”
- Complete the required fields, which are either your TC number, vehicle plate number, license information, or chassis number.
- Choose “Show Fines” from the menu.
- After choosing the appropriate traffic fine, pay for it online with a credit or debit card.
When the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation on the app along with a receipt of the payment.