Emirates Airlines has recently introduced a convenient pre-approved visa-on-arrival facility for select Indian citizens. This initiative enables eligible Indian passport holders to bypass the hassle of immigration queues upon their arrival in Dubai, allowing them to effortlessly breeze through customs. The airline made this exciting announcement on Thursday, February 1.
Under this program, eligible Indians can conveniently obtain a 14-day visa on arrival by applying online. It is important to note that this service is exclusively available to Indian passport holders who have booked their tickets with Emirates Airlines.
By implementing this new facility, Emirates Airlines aims to enhance the travel experience for Indian passengers, providing them with a seamless and expedited entry process into Dubai. This initiative not only saves valuable time but also ensures a hassle-free journey for eligible Indian travelers.
So, if you are an Indian passport holder planning to travel with Emirates Airlines, take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to enjoy a smoother and more efficient arrival experience in Dubai. Simply book your ticket with Emirates and apply online for your pre-approved visa-on-arrival.
How to apply?
Emirates customers have two options for booking their flights: they can either visit emirates.com or contact a travel agent. Upon making a booking, customers will receive a booking reference, also known as a Passenger Name Record (PNR) number. This number is essential for applying for visa pre-approval.
To apply for visa pre-approval, please follow these steps:
- Visit www.emirates.com and select ‘Manage’ followed by ‘Retrieve your booking’.
2. Enter your last name and booking reference or PNR.
3. Click on ‘Retrieve Booking’.
4. Under ‘Additional Services’, choose the ‘Apply for a UAE visa’ option.
5. Click on the ‘Continue to visa application’ button. You will then be redirected to the Dubai Visa Processing Centre (DVPC) website, which is operated by VFS Global Services.
6. On the DVPC website, you will find detailed information about the requirements you need to fulfill to be eligible for a visa on arrival in the UAE.
7. To apply for pre-approval, upload the necessary documents (listed below) and make the payment for the service.
Required documents for pre-approval:
– Valid passport with a minimum of six months validity
– Passport-sized photograph
– Proof of confirmed flight booking
– Proof of accommodation in the UAE
– Travel itinerary
– Proof of financial capability to cover expenses during your stay
By following these steps and providing the required documents, you can easily apply for visa pre-approval and ensure a smooth travel experience with Emirates.
What are the visa-on-arrival requirements for Indian citizens?
According to the latest visa information available on the airline’s website, Indian nationals who possess a regular passport with a minimum validity of six months are eligible to acquire a single-entry visa on arrival, allowing them a stay of up to 14 days.
- An Indian passport holder with a valid USA visa for a minimum of six months.
- An Indian passport holder with a valid USA green card for a minimum of six months.
- An Indian passport holder with a valid UK residence card for a minimum of six months.
- An Indian passport holder with a valid EU residence card from the following countries for a minimum of six months:
o Czech Republic
As per Emirates, the cost for the service is US$63 (Dh231.40).
If one is not traveling with Emirates, can one still get a visa on arrival?
Indian citizens who possess a valid six-month US visa, US Green Card, EU Residency, or UK Residency are entitled to a visa on arrival in the UAE. This convenient option allows you to obtain the visa either at the airport immigration or in advance through the UAE’s immigration authorities. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE has stated that this visa on arrival, which grants a 14-day stay, can be extended for an additional 14 days.
To apply for this visa, you have the option to approach the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) or the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD). These authorities will guide you through the application process and ensure a smooth experience.