The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai has recently launched a new service that allows for the delivery of driving licences and vehicle registration cards within a mere two hours within Dubai, or on the same day in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. This announcement was made on Tuesday, May 16, via the RTA’s official social media channels.
In addition to this, the RTA has also introduced a new service that enables the forwarding of consignments to overseas clients. This means that individuals who are not currently residing in the UAE can also receive their licence or registration card through this service.
If you are interested in availing of this express service, here is how you can apply for it.
Which services offer the express delivery option?
The new delivery service is applicable for the following RTA services:
- Apply for vehicle renewal
- Apply for driving licence renewal
- Apply for replacing a lost/damaged vehicle ownership certificate
- Apply for an International Driving Licence
- Apply for replacing a lost/damaged driving licence
New delivery charges
These are the delivery fees, as per RTA’s website – rta.ae:
- Standard delivery – Dh20
• Same-day delivery – Dh35
• Delivery within two hours – Dh50
• International delivery – Dh50
You will be able to select the speed of delivery when you are at the payment stage of the online service.
Also Read: Is it possible to drive in Saudi Arabia using a UAE driving license?