This 110-acre financial quarter is located between Burj Khalifa and Emirates Towers and comprises three commercial, retail, and residential districts. All three are linked by a retail corridor. It was developed by the DIFC Authority. About 30% of the land here is earmarked for high-rise apartments. DIFC is the epitome of city life. In January 2019 it was announced that DIFC was to be expanded by the addition of 13 million sq ft of space, to be known as DIFC 2.0.
Also, living in DIFC is especially feasible for working professionals due to the convenient location, accessibility, and overall vibe of a modern lifestyle. You can find a wide collection of apartments ranging from studios to 3-bedroom units and also some 4 to 5-bedroom luxury penthouse suites. As for the commercial properties on offer, there are dedicated towers and complexes as well as mixed-use projects.
People here make use of the excellent road and rail links to commute. Sheik Zayed Road, the main highway through Dubai, passes alongside DIFC.
Proximity to Landmarks:
- 23 minutes drive to The Walk JBR
- 6 minutes drive to Dubai Mall
- 20 minutes drive to Palm Jumeirah
- 15 minutes drive to Mall of the Emirates
- 18 minutes drive to Burj Al Arab
- 43 minutes drive to Al Maktoum International Airport
- 24 minutes drive to Ibn Battuta Mall
- 32 minutes drive to Dubai International Airport
- 15 minutes drive to La Mer by Meraas
The metro also passes through DIFC with two stations, Financial Centre and Emirates Towers, serving the district.
Hotels in DIFC:
Hotels in DIFC includes:
- The Ritz-Carlton DIFC
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Schools in DIFC:
In terms of school, Hummingbird Pre-School is located in this area. Babilou MENA is also an option for parents looking for a school in DIFC. Other schools nearby include Hartland International School located in MBR City and Horizontal International School in Umm Al Sheif. However, some educational institutions offering specific courses include the Brighter Prep, the IE Centre, and the London Business School Dubai Centre.
Clinics and Hospitals in DIFC:
The closest ones include IMC Medical Centre, La Clinique DIFC, and The Clinic. Al Zahra Medical Centre is also less than a 15-minute drive away, and so is Interhealth Canada Limited. You can also reach Oriana Hospital in just around 20 minutes.
Pros of living in DIFC:
- This is a prime location.
- One can live near to the workplace.
- Metro station and bus station are near.
- One can find ample parking spaces here.
Cons of living in DIFC:
- No parks and beaches nearby this location.
- Heavy traffic and congested roads.