Dubai: Moving houses is not an easy task – from canceling all your connections, subscriptions, and tenancy contract, to reapplying for them all, the process requires a lot of planning and preparation. Here is a step-by-step guide for moving into your new home if you have found the perfect one in the UAE.
1. Talk to all involved parties
Look over your tenancy contract to discover whether early termination or non-renewal clauses apply before you plan your move. While your tenancy may conclude right when you move out, the contract may have provisions in regards to the notice period you must serve. You may also need to pay a few months’ rent if you are canceling your contract before it is completed.
Also, you would have to apply for a return of the security deposit.
Once you have spoken with your current landlord and your new one, you can begin planning the next steps.
2. Cancellation and registrations
You’ll need to cancel your existing telecommunications and utility connections and apply for new ones.
You can complete your Ejari registration online using the REST app in Dubai.
Telecommunications companies such as du and Etisalat provide online cancellations and automatic new connections.
This process should be completed in advance so that everything is ready when you move.
3. The third step is to contact your property management to request the move
To confirm the move in or move out with your property management company, you may need to provide certain documents, regardless of whether you live in a building or a community.
The following documents should be provided by your moving company:
- The name of the moving company
- Time and date of the move
- Moving company’s trade license copy
- Moving company’s third-party insurance copy
- Moving truck registration copy
- You will need to give these details to both your existing and new property management companies. Once you receive the clearance letter, you can proceed to the next step.
Contact your moving company to inquire about its sanitation measures
Moving Companies in the UAE are taking extra steps to maintain the highest standards of hygiene during the move.
These are the basic steps that are required to be considered while moving from one place to another. Keeping the to-do list would make the procedure much easier and will make the procedure much hassle-free.