Jumeirah Lake Towers is an independent community that consists of 26 clusters, each of which is named after a letter from the English alphabet – A to Z.
Each cluster has three buildings of apartments, offices, shops, and hotels. There are no houses or villas, just high-rise apartment blocks.
This community is one of the freehold areas of Dubai. This is named after the lake that provides pleasant waterfront promenades. Most importantly, it has its own pet-friendly park named JLT Park.
JLT is well located close to Sheikh Zayed Road and on to Abu Dhabi, but is also around 10 minutes walk away from Jumeirah Beach and The Walk. Abu Dhabi is about an hour’s drive from JLT.
Proximity to Landmarks:
- 13 mins drive to The Walk JBR
- 18 mins drive to Dubai Mall
- 10 mins drive to Palm Jumeirah
- 11 mins drive to Ibn Battuta Mall
- 26 mins drive to La Mer by Meraas
- 30 mins drive to Al Maktoum International Airport
- 13 mins drive to Mall of the Emirates
- 42 mins drive to Dubai International Airport
- 15 mins drive to Burj Al Arab
Hotels in JLT:
The main hotels in JLT include:
- Bonnington Hotel JLT
- Movenpick Hotel JLT
- Pullman Hotel JLT
- Armada BlueBay Hotel JLT
- Oaks Liwa Heights JLT
Schools in JLT:
Residents can find plenty of nurseries in JLT. Nearly every other cluster has its own nursery in JLT, including two branches of Dewdrops Nursery, two Learning Ladders, Paddington Nursery, Kid Kare Nursery, Oakfield Early Learning Centre, and several more.
Emirates International School is just a short drive away in The Meadows nearby area of Al Barsha which also has Kings School Al Barsha and the American School of Dubai.
JLT has two universities, the Austrian affiliated Modul University and Russian based Synergy University. Otherwise, there are also universities in Knowledge Park which is just opposite JLT.
Clinics and hospitals:
JLT is home to many medical clinics like Dr. K Medical Center DMCC, the Dome MedDental Clinic, Armada Medical Centre, Optimum Diagnostic Clinic, and German Dental Clinic. Other healthcare needs are also met, with the Scandinavian Physiotherapy Centre and Dr. Batra’s Homeopathy Clinic in JLT.
Pros of living in JLT:
- It has the best amenities
- This is a freehold area
- This is pet-friendly
- This community is close to Dubai’s popular business centers
- Easy access to public transports
Cons of living in JLT:
- This is only high-rise area community
- There is a lack of schools in JLT