Deira is the oldest commercial district in Dubai. It is bordered by Dubai Creek, Sharjah, and the Arabian Gulf.
The residential community here is a famous place to rent apartments in the city. The residential buildings around here include Port Saeed, Naif, Al Rigga, Muraqqabat, Abu Hail, and Riggat Al Buteen.
There are very few villas in the sub-communities of Abu Hail and Hor Al Anz. As the residential area here is one of the oldest residential areas, the area does not have any freehold properties, so ex-pats cannot invest in Deira Dubai. This may change in the near future when the long-awaited Palm Deira development is completed.
Deira is home to some of the oldest structures in Dubai, such as the city’s oldest mall – Al Ghurair Centre – and the Heritage House, and the Al Ahmadiya School.
This massive district has also modernized itself with a range of trendy restaurants, hotels, and shopping malls that attract both UAE residents and tourists.
The main highway through Dubai, the E11 Sheikh Zayed Road, runs past Deira linking it to the neighboring Emirate of Sharjah to the east and to New Dubai and Abu Dhabi to the west.
Proximity to Landmarks:
- 29 minutes drive to The Walk JBR
- 14 minutes drive to Dubai Mall
- 21 minutes drive to Mall of the Emirates
- 49 minutes drive to Al Maktoum International Airport
- 24 minutes drive to Burj Al Arab
- 29 minutes drive to Dubai International Airport
- 20 minutes drive to La Mer by Meraas
- 25 minutes drive to Palm Jumeirah
- 29 minutes drive to Ibn Battuta Mall
Hotels in Deira Dubai:
The best hotels in Deira Dubai are:
- Avani Deira Dubai Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Dubai
- Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Coral Dubai Deira Hotel
- Hotel Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre
Schools and Universities in Deira Dubai:
The popular schools in Deira include Deira International School and also Deira Private School. In terms of educational institutions, Deira Dubai has a wide selection of elementary schools and nurseries. Other schools near Deira Dubai are The Westminster School and Dubai International School.
There are several other notable schools a short distance away in Garhoud and Al Qusais community.
There are many universities in Dubai International Academic City for the university options, which is only a 30-minutes drive away.
Clinics and Hospitals:
There are branches of Aster, NMC Deira, Prime Medical Centre Deira, and Joseph’s Clinic spread across the neighborhood.
For hospitals, you can look for Belhoul Specialty Hospital. The area is also home to Al Baraha Hospital and Dubai Hospital, both are highly reputed government hospitals.
Pros of living in Deira:
- There one can have wide choices of restaurants in Deira.
- There is an abundance of retail outlets in Deira.
- This area provides you access to various religious places.
- It is a family-friendly community.
- It provides you easy access to public transport.
Cons of living in Deira:
- It is a non-freehold estate.
- It is a busy community thereby causing traffic congestion.
- There is a lack of parking spaces.