If you are an ex-pat in the UAE and want to visit Saudi Arabia, you can quickly and easily apply for a Saudi eVisa online. However, only a limited number of professionals qualify to apply for the eVisa.
The official tourism website for Saudi Arabia, Visit Saudi, has prepared a list of more than 1,000 professions that qualify. Only GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) citizens with jobs that are listed are eligible for an eVisa.
This employment includes those in management positions, in the medical area, in information technology (IT) jobs, as technicians, and in the scientific, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) industries.
List of eligible occupations for Saudi eVisa
You will need to choose your job title from the list of alternatives on the Saudi eVisa website when applying. A couple of the occupations in the list are as follows:
In the medical field:
- Emergency Medical Care Specialist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- General Surgeon
- General Practitioner
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Audio and Video Editing Technician
- Aviation Safety Technician
- Computer Systems Technician
- Building Maintenance Technician
- Agricultural Engineer
- Automotive Engineer
- Aviation Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Chemical engineering specialist
- Construction engineer
To find the complete list of occupations, visit: https://www.visitsaudi.com/en/travel-regulations/gcc-residents-occupation
Your occupation is listed on your Emirates ID for verification purposes. Saudi Arabian immigration officials will examine your ID to make sure it matches the information on your application.
Conditions for applying for Saudi eVisa
In addition to ensuring that their line of work qualifies for the visa, ex-pats based in the GCC must also meet the following requirements:
- A residency visa is issued by one of the GCC nations with a minimum three-month validity period.
- At least six months must pass before the passport expires.
- The parent must apply first for children under the age of 18.