Attractions in Dubai include world-class hotels, cutting-edge shopping malls, residential towers, and the tallest buildings in the world. Dubai Fountain is one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions among residents and tourists. This city attraction comes with lots of surprises and is definitely a must-visit. Here is a complete guide to Dubai Fountain including Dubai Fountain timing, location, and other cool facts you should know before visiting!
With thousands of regular spectators, the Dubai Fountain is known as the largest musical fountain in the world. It is located on the 30-acre Burj Khalifa Lake in Downtown Dubai, between Souk AI Bahar and The Dubai Mall. It is designed by the creators of the Fountains of Bellagio in Las Vegas.
This magnificent fountain extends over 900 feet, equivalent to two football fields. Dubai Fountain is a unique design made up of five zones of varying sizes, two arcs, and powerful water spouts that shoot water to unbelievable heights. Dubai Fountain’s construction costs are estimated to be approximately AED 800 million (218 million dollars).
DUBAI FOUNTAIN’S SPECIAL FEATURES
May 2009 was the official opening date of the Dubai Fountain. Featuring 6,600 powerful lights, the Dubai Fountain can shoot water up to 500 feet, equivalent to the height of a 50-story building. At any given time, the machine is capable of spraying 22,000 gallons of water. A variety of patterns and combinations of patterns can be created in the air, which is highly admired by viewers.
Water is made to dance by high-pressure water shooters inside the fountain. Super shooters have a pressure range of up to 240 ft. in the air, and extreme shooters can shoot at the maximum pressure of 500 ft. Due to the time required to build up enough pressure to pump water at that height in the air, extreme shooters are not used often during shows.
DUBAI FOUNTAIN ATTRACTIONS
Visitors to the Dubai Fountain can experience the Lake Ride and Boardwalk. Here are some of the attractions near the Dubai Fountain:
THE DUBAI FOUNTAIN LAKE RIDE
Besides watching the Dubai Fountain from a distance, a lake boat ride is one of the best things to do at the Dubai Fountain. If you want to enjoy the best show in town, you can book front row tickets. The traditional Abra gives you a chance to enjoy a memorable trip on Burj Lake, enjoying the captivating sounds and spectacular scenery. Boat rides depart 30 minutes prior to closing time.
Timings: 17:45 pm – 23:30 pm
Ticket Price: AED 65.00 per person
THE DUBAI FOUNTAIN BOARDWALK
Within Dubai, Fountain is the Boardwalk, a floating platform. It gives you a whole new perspective of the fascinating performances. You can start your journey at Burj Park or the promenade and stroll down the 272-meter boardwalk. The Dubai Fountains are only 9 meters away.
DUBAI FOUNTAIN SHOW TIMINGS
- Two performances are held during the daytime; at 01:00 pm and at 01:30 pm.
- Dubai fountain timing on Friday: 01:30 pm and 02:00 pm.
- Dubai fountains times during the evening: 06:00 pm – 11:00 pm.
A variety of songs are performed to the Dubai Fountain, from classical to Arabic to international. Performances are held each day for up to five minutes.
You will be mesmerized by the Dubai Fountain’s dance of water to many choreographed melodies. Michael Jackson’s Thriller, Andrea Bocelli’s La Dolce Vita, and Sarah Brightman’s Time to Say Goodbye is among the most popular tracks.
THINGS TO DO
- Dubai Mall fountain is close to several nearby attractions and activities that you can enjoy. In 0.2 miles from the Burj Khalifa, you can find the Observation Deck. At the top deck, you can enjoy time with your friends or family.
- In 0.2 miles is the Dubai Opera, a performing arts venue.
- The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is 0.3 miles away. It is the perfect destination if you have children with you.
- A second place to visit is KidZania at the Dubai Mall.
- Ice skating at the Dubai Mall can be enjoyed at the Dubai Ice Rink.
- Dubai’s biggest shopping mall is within walking distance of the Dubai Fountain, which makes it convenient to go shopping nearby.
- The Dubai Mall, Souk Al Bahar, and Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard are all awesome restaurants from where you can watch the fountains while eating.
Seeing the Dubai Fountain in person with family and friends is the best way to truly appreciate it. Aside from the restaurants and hotels nearby, there are many other interesting attractions in the area.