The residents of the Emirate carry a card called Emirates ID or Resident Identity Card, which is a proof of identity for UAE citizens and residents. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) issues Emirates ID. Considering the importance of Emirates ID, it is very important to ensure that it is correct. So, if you have queries on how to update your Emirates ID keep on reading this article—–
Report changes for Emirates ID update:
Emirates holders have to report the changes to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship at least one month before the exact date of the change.
So, one must visit any Customer Happiness Centre or ICA branch to process the request. After this step now is the time to look at the various kinds of information required.
Determining the type of information for Emirates ID update:
The Emirates ID contains two types of data-
- Key- It includes all the basic information like your name, date of birth, and nationality
- Non-key – It includes variable information such as your address and occupation.
So if you wish to amend any of the key information, you will have to visit the nearby branch office of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. Whereas non-key information changes can be catered to by using any e-service kiosks at the center.
The id card can be issued within 24 hours if you use the urgent services, which requires you to pay AED 150 extra.
What documents are required in order to request an update in your Emirates ID?
Documents Required For Uae Citizens
- Original UAE ID Card.
- Supporting documents to update data.
- A valid medical report from the Ministry of Health or UAE health authority to exempt people with determination or the elderly from ID card issuance fees.
- Social insurance certificate attested from the Ministry of Community Development (for those using social insurance) to be spared for the ID card issuance fees.
- Original POA for the person acting on behalf of the customer, if the competent person is not available and a third party submits the application.
Documents Required For Gcc Residents And Expats From Other Countries
- Supporting documents to update data.
- The original document of the diplomatic, consular card, membership card of international organizations for heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the country to be spared from ID card issuance fees.
- A valid medical report from the Ministry of Health or UAE health authority (to exempt people of determination).
- Original POA for the person acting on behalf of the customer, if the competent person is absent and a third party submits the application.
- Document proving residency in the country.
1. Visit the nearby Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship branch.
2. Fill in all the required information in the changing form and then submit it along with all the required documents.
3. Pay the fees:
- AED 40 Services Fees
- AED 150 Fees for issuing a card with the updated data
- AED 150 for Urgent service
4. So a total of AED 340 is to be paid for the service category.
5. Proceed with biometrics (fingerprints, photographs, etc)
6. Then, you will receive an SMS from ICA with all the information about when you can pick up your updated Emirates ID, stating the post office where you can receive the new card.
7. Visit the mentioned post office and collect your new card.
Any requested changes to the Emirates ID usually take 48 hours to be processed.
How to update the registered phone number on your Emirates ID card online?
Go to the personal information update service page on the ICA’s website to access the page directly. Then:
- Fill in all the required details like current nationality, identity number, name(in English), passport number, date of birth, last entry date(date when you last crossed the UAE border), email address.
- Enter your new mobile number.
- Re-read your information.
- Pay for the services.
- Cost for Updating Online Info via ICA’s Portal: AED 52.10.
Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) provides you the urgest service for getting your Emirates ID card within 24 hours. This service is called ‘Fawri’.
The service is available for all age groups for UAE nationals and GCC nationals officially residing in UAE and can be obtained for:
- First-time registration
- Renewal of expired cards
- Lost or damaged cards
To obtain this service, visit the FAIC Customer Happiness Centres without prior notice and present the documents specified.
Fawri service is available at the following FAIC Customers Happiness Centres
- Al Jazeera and Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi
- Al Barsha, Al Rashidiya and Karama in Dubai
- Madinat Zayed in the Western Region
- Al Ain Centre
- Sharjah Centre
- Ajman Centre
- Fujairah Centre
- Ras Al Khaimah Centre
- Umm Al Quwain Centre