You can choose to pay traffic fines in zero-interest installments if you owe a significant amount in traffic fines and cannot pay them off all at once.
The Dubai Police promoted its service on January 13 by posting on its social media channels that allows motorists to pay traffic fines in installments by debiting their bank accounts.
Owners of vehicles with violations owed to Dubai Police can pay them off with interest-free installments over three, six or 12 months.
The following banks issue credit cards that can be used to make these payments:
- Emirates NBD
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- Commercial Bank International
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Commercial Bank of Dubai
- Finance House
You must meet certain conditions
However, you would need to meet certain conditions in order to take advantage of this service, according to Dubai Police:
- Fines for individuals should not be less than Dh5,000, while fines for companies and institutions should not be less than Dh20,000.
- You must pay 25 percent of the total fine.
- The installments are issued for up to 24 months and are based on the value of the traffic fines.
If you wish to postpone the installment, you will have to pay a fee of Dh100. The application fee would be Dh200 if the applicant is a company or institution. Each cheque will also require a Dh10 Knowledge fee and a Dh10 Innovation fee. Applications must be submitted 15 days prior to the installment date.
- The first installment begins after 30 days, with a minimum of three months between each installment.
Steps to follow
- Apply for the service on the Dubai Police website here: https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/installmentServiceDetails – or open the ‘Fines Installment Service’ on the Dubai Police smartphone application.
- Enter the vehicle number, traffic file number, or driver’s license number.
- Select the ‘direct discount service’.
- You will need to enter your personal information, including your bank account number and Emirates ID number.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the direct discount service.
You will be notified if the request is approved or disapproved with reasons if the request is sent to the Central Bank for approval.
Ras Al Khaimah Police
The Ras Al Khaimah Police account also promoted its service to pay fines using installments through approved banks via a tweet on January 12.
Payment can be made in installments without interest by calling one of the following approved banks’ numbers:
- RAK Bank – 043120000
- First Abu Dhabi Bank – 600 525500
- Commercial Bank of Dubai – 600 575556
- Emirates Islamic Bank – 600 599995
Steps to follow
- Request a prepaid card from your bank.
- The fines must be paid with this card.
Once the payment has been made, notify the bank in order to begin the instalment process.