Do you have too many points on your license? You can enroll in a free training session with Dubai Police and get your fines lowered.
In Abu Dhabi, for example, you can enroll in the ‘Black Points Reduction Programme.’
Residents of Dubai, on the other hand, can take action by enrolling in the Dubai Police’s ‘Reduce Traffic Black Points’ course.
To sign up for the ‘Reduce Traffic Black Points’ course, follow these steps:
- Download the Dubai Police smartphone app, which is compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
- Go to the services tab at the bottom of your smartphone screen after opening the app.
- Select the fourth choice – ‘Traffic Training Course’ from the third category, ‘Traffic Services,’ and click on ‘Person Request.’
- Next, fill in your personal details:
- Emirates ID
- Traffic code number
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Landline (optional)
- Choose ‘Reduce Traffic Black Points’ as your next course.
From the schedule, select the available course time.
Choose from Hindi, Arabic, or English as your course language.
*Comments and attachments are not required.
- Click ‘Submit,’ and you’ll be able to see a summary of your information after you’ve submitted your application.
The ‘Reduce Traffic Black Points’ course
The lessons are free and teach participants about the UAE’s federal traffic legislation. You can reduce eight black points by attending the classes. The lectures will be held at several branches of the Dubai Police Traffic Department.
Driving through a red light or driving dangerously fast are just two examples of offenses that can result in black points on your license. According to UAE Traffic Law, if you have more than 24 black points on your license, the police will take it away. In such cases, you should contact your Emirate’s police department to learn how to lower the number of black points on your license.