Applying for an electricity and water connection should be one of your first tasks before moving into your new house. The Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority is the organization in charge of providing electricity and water services if you are moving there (Sewa).
You would need to go to a Sewa service center to submit an application for the connection. Here is all you need to know about the required paperwork, the application process, and how to pay your Sewa payments before you go to the center.
How does one apply for an electricity and water connection in Sharjah?
You must first register with Sewa as a new customer before you can apply for an energy and water connection. You would need to in order to open a new account:
In order to activate your electricity and water connections in Sharjah
- Fill out the application for a new account at a Sewa service centre.
- Submit the form at a counter along with the following documents:
- The initial lease agreement, which the owner and renter both signed and authorised.
- A copy of the Emirates ID issued to the incoming tenant.
- The most recent certification of the property’s water and energy metre check by Sewa.
- After that, pay the security deposit in accordance with the leasing contract type. Depending on the residential unit and the contract, there are different security deposit amounts.
- Attest the lease agreement with Sharjah Municipality after the security deposit has been paid. Lease agreements can be attested through a typing service or online at the website of the Sharjah Municipality.
- Go back to the service centre to activate the electricity and water connection after attesting the lease.
List of Sewa customer happiness centers
SEWA Customer Service Centres – Al Taawun
SEWA – Customer Service Centres Industrial Area
SEWA Customer Service Centres – Bu Daneq
SEWA Customer Service Centres – Al Majaz
SEWA- Customer Service Centres – Halwan
SEWA Customer Happiness Centres – Alrahmaniya
SEWA- Al Jazzat Customer Happiness Centre, Sharjah Electricity Water and Gas Authority
How does one view the Sewa bills?
Sewa sends the customer’s monthly bills to the registered email address and an SMS with a link to the bill to the registered mobile phone. Additionally, if you use one of the Sewa banks that are registered to accept payments, the bank will let you know when your next Sewa charge is due.
How does one pay the electricity bills in Sharjah?
The following are the authorized ways to pay your water and energy bill, according to Sewa:
- Sewa customer service centers- which are open from Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. The Sewacustomer support centers are open on the weekends from 8 am to 1 pm and are closed on Fridays.
- Sewa E-pay – which may be found at sewa.gov.ae, the SEWA website. You must register for a Sewa online account in order to pay online. To do so, provide the following information in an email to email@example.com along with a copy of your Emirates ID:
- Your Sewa account ID
- Emirates ID number
- Mobile Number
- Etisalat electronic payment terminals are available all across Sharjah, where you can pay your monthly Sewa bills.
- Digital Sharjah, a mobile application made available by the Sharjah Digital Office, enables inhabitants of Sharjah to access local government services through a single interface. In the app’s ‘Utilities’ area, users can now pay their Sewa bills.
- Using one of the 22 UAE-based banks that Sewa has approved.
- At Emirates Post Office locations.