There are many tourists in Dubai. People visit the city from all over the world for a variety of reasons. To accommodate such travelers, Dubai offers a variety of tourist visas kinds. Those who are eligible for visa-free entry into the UAE must get a tourist visa. Airlines, accommodation facilities, and occasionally even travel firms will help you get a tourist visa.
Recent changes to the UAE’s visa regulations for tourists now allow them to double up on their visa extensions without ever leaving the country. Here is the information you need to know about tourist visa extensions in Dubai if you are a visitor.
Procedure for Tourist Visa Extension in Dubai
The process for extending a tourist visa for Dubai is quite simple.
- A tourist visa in Dubai is extendable twice for further 30 days.
- Keep an eye on the initial extension’s expiration date.
- Before the first renewal expires, submit an application for the second.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa Extension in Dubai?
Here is how to apply for a tourist visa extension in Dubai:
By GDRFA App
- Login to GDRFA app
- Go to the dashboard and open dependent visa details
- Tap Renew Residence button
- Fill up the details
- Select delivery method
- Attach documents
- Submit the fee
- Wait for SMS/email confirmation
Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship
- Visit the online portal of Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship
- Enter your credentials
- Add attachments
- Submit AED 600 fee and apply for an extension
Documents Required for Visa Renewal in Dubai
In order to renew your visa, you will need to submit:
- A transcript of the applicant’s passport. Ensure the passport has a minimum validity of six months
- A passport-size photo with white background
Dubai Tourist Visa Extension Fee
You will have to pay AED 600 during each time of renewal.
Dubai Tourist Visa Extension Grace Period
Overstayers who were unable to renew their tourist visas would be fined AED 100 for each additional day they were in the country illegally. The number of days will be determined starting 10 days following the expiration of the visa.
Exemption for Tourist Visa Extension in Dubai
There is one tourist in Dubai who is an exception. They are not required to conform to the extension’s rules that others must obey. These consist of:
- residents of GCC countries
- special entry permits
- 96-hour permit for special missions
Also Read: Would you like to extend your tourist visa in the UAE? You can find all the information you need here