The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) of the UAE has issued a new permission that enables UAE citizens who may have spent more than six months abroad to enter the nation again.
ICP published a notice titled “Permits for remaining outside UAE for over six months” on its smart services webpage on January 27. If you have spent more than six months abroad, you can use this service to submit a request for the issuance of a permit, according to the ICP website. However, a legitimate justification for remaining outside the nation must be given in order to apply for the permit to re-enter the UAE.
Where can one apply for the service?
- Online: The ‘UAEICP’ smartphone application, which is accessible for both Apple and Android devices, or the ICP Smart Services website, icp.gov.ae.
- ICP Customer Happiness Centres.
- ICP-registered typing services.
How to apply for the permit online through the ICP website?
- Visit icp.gov.ae
- Choose the ‘E-channel Services’ button, from the menu you will see at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose ‘Public services’.
- A list of services offered under this category will be displayed. “Residency – All residency types – permits for staying outside UAE over 6 months – New request” is the service to select.
- Complete the form with the information below:
- Your full name is in English (the system will automatically fill in the next field, which requires your name to be entered in Arabic).
- Mobile number (this can be a number issued outside the UAE as well).
- Email address
- English or Arabic, as preferred.
The ID number and passport number of the person or organization sponsoring your UAE resident visa must be entered here. e. Sponsor’s information.
10. Next, input your information, including your full name, current nationality, gender, date of birth, and the reason you will be staying outside the United Arab Emirates for more than six months.
11. Finally, you must enter your passport information, including your passport number, issuance date, expiration date, and the nation that issued it.
12. Select “Next.”
13. Following that, you will be required to provide the supporting paperwork for your request for the issuance of the permission. Proof of the justification for spending more than six months abroad may be included in this. According to the ICP website, based on the information provided in the application, the mandatory and optional documents may change.
14. Use a credit card or debit card to pay the cost. The following service charge breakdown is provided by the ICP website:
a. E-services fees – Dh28
b. ICP fees – Dh22
c. Smart Services Fee – Dh100
The website also cautions potential customers that the service prices can change depending on the information provided in the application.
15. After that, your application will be sent. Online applications will be completed within 48 hours after submission, according to the ICP.
16. You will receive permission through email at the address you gave in the form after it has been accepted.