Umm Suqeim is located in western Dubai on the coast between Jumeirah and Al Sufouh. This district is divided into three communities: Umm Suqeim 1, 2, and 3.
The properties in this community are almost all ‘free standing’ villas, in other words not in gated communities or compounds.
Umm Suqeim is surrounded by Jumeirah to the north, Al Sufouh to the south, and Umm Al Sheif, Al Manara, and Al Safa to the west.
Properties in Umm Suqeim may only be sold to GCC citizens, so renting is the only option for ex-pats.
With easy access to Sheikh Zayed Road (E11), the main highway through Dubai, and good nearby public transport, Umm Suqeim suits commuters and families alike.
Proximity to Landmarks:
- 10 minutes drive to Mall of the Emirates
- 8 minutes drive to Burj Al Arab
- 21 minutes drive to La Mer by Meraas
- 18 minutes drive to The Walk JBR
- 38 minutes drive to Al Maktoum International Airport
- 18 minutes drive to Ibn Battuta Mall
- 40 minutes drive to Dubai International Airport
- 14 minutes drive to Palm Jumeirah
- 15 minutes drive to Dubai Mall
Hotels in Umm Suqeim:
There are various luxurious hotels in Umm Suqeim like:
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Park Regis Boutique
- Lemon Tree Hotel, Dubai
Schools and Universities in Umm Suqeim:
There are so many well-established schools near UMM SUQEIM like Emirates International School Jumeirah, King’s School Dubai. There are also many smaller nurseries for the little ones. As the American University of Dubai and Middlesex University, some of the best universities in Dubai are 15 minutes away.
Hospitals and Clinics:
There are various pharmacies and smaller specialist clinics. There is also the larger multidisciplinary Medcare Hospital in Umm Suqeim. The Children’s Medical Centre is one of the top children’s hospitals in Dubai.
Pros of living in Umm Suqeim:
- There one can find a large number of options in terms of educational institutes and healthcare facilities.
- One can enjoy quick access to some of the best beaches.
- There are numerous cafes and restaurants in the area.
- It is a pet-friendly community.
- Easy access to public transport.
Cons of living in Umm Suqeim:
- Traffic congestion.
- Property prices here are slightly high.
- This area has primary villas, so if one is looking for apartments, this limits one’s choice.