Dubai: Is building noise outside your housekeeping you awake at night or distracting you from your work? You can file a formal complaint with Dubai Municipality about noisy building sites.
You can report loud construction noise between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on weekdays and 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. on weekends, according to Dubai Municipality. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the noise limit for construction work is established at 55 decibels on weekdays, which is somewhat lower than the sound of a normal conversation in a restaurant or workplace or an air conditioner (CDC).
So, if you’re upset by constant drilling and hammering at a nearby building site, here’s how to report it using your smartphone and the Dubai Municipality’s smart app, which is accessible for both Apple and Android devices.
How to file a construction noise complaint in Dubai online
- On your phone, download the ‘Dubai Municipality’ application.
- Once you’ve landed on the app’s home page, scroll down to the bottom of your screen and tap ‘Services.’
- Select ‘Report Construction Noise’ from the second category – ‘Building and Construction.’
- Users can report construction noise in residential areas using this service. It’s vital to know that if you live in a private compound or gated community, this service will be unavailable. In such cases, you should contact your community developer to file a complaint.
- To report construction noise, send a video or photo of the construction location along with a brief description.
- Next, choose the construction site’s location. Select your location on the map by tapping on choose location. Alternatively, you could manually fill it out by typing in the street or building name.
- When you’ve finished filling out the required information, tap the red ‘Proceed’ tab. According to the app, this issue will be resolved in one working day.
You can also email email@example.com or call the Dubai Municipality’s 24-hour toll-free line – 800900 – to report about construction sites.