The majority of workers in the UAE are now qualified to enrol in the unemployment insurance programme, but in order to get the policy’s cash benefits, you must meet 10 specified requirements.
Article 5 of the Federal Decree-Bill No. 13 of 2022, which governs the unemployment insurance programme, and Article 9 of Cabinet Resolution No. 97 of 2022, which was published after the law was passed, both set forth these requirements.
It is crucial that you meet all of these requirements in order to be eligible to earn 60% of your basic income for three months in the event that you lose your work for unavoidable reasons.
The requirements listed below must be met in accordance with the following Articles:
- A minimum of 12 consecutive months must pass after signing up for the unemployment insurance programme.
- You must make sure you pay all insurance premiums at the appropriate intervals.
- You need to show that you were unemployed for a reason other than resignation.
- In accordance with the applicable regulations governing labour relations in the private sector and human resources in the federal government, you should not have been fired from your work for disciplinary grounds.
- Claims must be filed within 30 days of the end of the employment connection or the day the court rules on the labour complaint, whichever comes first.
- You shouldn’t be the focus of an active report of absconding.
- No fraudulent or dishonest claims should be made in order to receive compensation. In a similar vein, the employer’s workplace shouldn’t be made up.
- In the event that you are engaged by another employer, the compensation payment will stop.
- Strikes or other violent protests cannot be held responsible for job losses, no matter how much harm they may have done.
- The insured must have a registered residence in the nation.
Claims to be honoured in two weeks
According to Article 12, service providers licenced by the UAE’s Central Bank to supply the insurance policy are required to make the payment within two weeks of receiving the claim once you have submitted the claim and are eligible for reimbursement.