A medical examination is required for everyone applying for a new resident visa or renewing their existing visa. Before, residents of Abu Dhabi had to wait for an appointment after going to a Disease Prevention and Screening Centre (DPSC) on a walk-in basis.
However, on August 1, the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) announced the release of a new mobile app for Apple and Android smartphones called “SEHA Visa Screening.” Therefore, before visiting the center, you must make an appointment for a medical screening using the app.
Here is everything you need to know if your visa renewal in Abu Dhabi is approaching or if you’re applying to become a resident.
How to book an appointment for medical screening in Abu Dhabi
Step 1: Ensure you have an Al Hosn Green Pass
All vaccinated tourists are required to show a Green Pass on the Al Hosn app in order to attend a DPSC for medical screening, according to SEHA. However, if you are unvaccinated, you must show a recent negative PCR result.
Step 2: Download the app and book an appointment
- Get the app from the iOS Store or Google Play Store.
- Click “Request Appointment” on the homepage.
- After that, the app will ask you to sign up.
- You must login in using your UAE Pass account to do this (link).
- After logging in, return to the homepage and click “Request Appointment” once more.
- Decide which area you are in (Abu Dhabi City, Al Ain, or Al Dhafra) for the medical screening appointment.
- Next, decide which DPSC location is closest to you.
- Decide if this screening will be conducted alone or in groups.
- Type in your cellphone number (This will be automatically filled in by your UAE Pass account).
- Decide whether you want to receive SMS messages in English or Arabic.
- Type in your birthdate and Emirates ID number. Next, press the “get details” button.
- When you tap this button, your full name, sponsor name, and file number will be filled in automatically depending on the data you provided.
- Next, select “next.”
- You’ll receive a reference number from the app.
- From the list of available timeslots, choose the day and time you like to have the medical fitness test.
- Go over and confirm your appointment’s specifics.
- Choose whether to pay in person at the center or online for the medical screening.
You will receive an SMS on your registered phone number with the location, date, and time of your medical screening appointment after you have paid or confirmed the details.
Medical screening test centers are located in the following areas:
Abu Dhabi City
- DPSC Baniyas
- DPSC Etihad
- DPSC Mussafah (for men only)
- DPSC Shahama
- DPSC Abu Dhabi
- DPSC Mussafah
- DPSC Al Ain
- DPSC Sweihan
- DPSC Al Marfa
- DPSC Madinat Zayed
- DPSC Delma
- DPSC Sela
- DPSC Ghayathi
- A copy of the original passport and an Emirates ID
- A copy of a valid residency permit or entry permission for employment.
- A valid health insurance card for every candidate with a work or resident visa in good standing.
What is the cost of the visa screening service?
- Regular cost: Dh250
- Fast Track – cost: Dh350. You will receive the results within 48 hours or earlier
- Premium – cost: Dh500. You will receive the results in 24 hours.