You might be unsure of where to pay your fines if you live in Sharjah or if you got a ticket while visiting the Emirate. This is due to the fact that specific local government agencies are in charge of overseeing various areas of transportation in the Emirate.
Consequently, you would need to go to several authorities in the Emirate depending on whether you owe a fine for speeding or inappropriate parking. Here is everything you require to know.
Parking fines – Sharjah Municipality
Sharjah Municipality must be paid for any parking fees. You can pay your fines online at portal.shjmun.gov.ae or in person at a Sharjah Municipality service center if you received a parking ticket for exceeding the time allotted for paid parking or for parking in an unauthorized spot.
1. How to pay online:
The processes for paying your fines online are as follows:
- Enter your vehicle’s details, such as your license plate number, source (the emirate where the automobile is registered), and category by going to this link: https://www.shjmun.gov.ae/PublicEServices/Serv4-payfines/default.aspx?Lang=en-US (private, company or rental). Next, select “search” from the menu.
- The amount of the fine and the infraction will be displayed if there are any outstanding penalties in the Sharjah Municipality database.
- After that, input your contact information, including your email and mobile numbers.
- Next, use the Sharjah Municipality website to pay the fine for the parking violation.
- You will receive an email and SMS confirming your payment of the fine.
2. How to pay through a Sharjah Municipality Customer Centre
You must go to the Public Parking Department in the Sharjah City Municipality building, which is next to the Sharjah Cricket Stadium if you decide to pay your fines in person. Your vehicle’s information will once more be required in order to pay any outstanding parking charges.
Location of Pub09lic Parking Department, Sharjah City Municipality.
Traffic fines – Sharjah Police
You must pay your traffic fine to Sharjah Police if you have a speeding ticket or have run a red light. There are several methods you can use to pay off any unpaid fines.
Use these methods to pay a traffic fine online:
- Start by going to www.shjpolice.gov.ae and selecting “Traffic and licensure services.”
- Then, click the “start service” button next to traffic fines.
- Enter your Traffic Code (TC) number, vehicle plate number, license information, or chassis number, as applicable.
- After that, select “show fines.”
- If you receive a traffic ticket, the fee will be posted on the website, and you must pay it online.
2. At a police station
Additionally, you can settle a traffic fine by going to a Sharjah police station. Visit this website: https://www.shjpolice.gov.ae/Pages/ContactUs/OurLocations#page-1
3. Through the Ministry of Interior (MOI)
The MOI website, moi.gov.ae, the MOI app, which is accessible on Apple and Android smartphones, and MOI service centers are further options for Sharjah drivers to pay their fines.