DEWA stands for Dubai electricity And Water Authority formed on January 1st, 1992 by the late Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum in order to unit Dubai electricity and water department that were working independently earlier.
DEWA is ranked as one of the best utilities in the world.
How to open a new DEWA account? (Move-In services)
The steps include:
- Submit the required documents.
- Submit the essential information by filling the application form.
- Pay the security deposit with the DEWA connection fees.
One can find the new application form on the official DEWA website.
- Just visit: www.dewa.gov.ae/en
- Click on “Consumer”
- Go to “Supply Management” and click on Activation of Electricity/Water (Move-in)
- “DEWA Premise Number” is the most important thing to consider. This is different from the Ejari number. It is the number that can be identified at the entrance gate of the property.
Documents required for Move-In services:
- A valid copy of the passport of the tenant.
- A valid passport copy of the landlord.
- Tenancy contract.
- Title deeds.
- Authorization letter if the applicant is not in the country.
In order to set up new DEWA account online, the mandatory documents needed are:
- Tenancy agreement
- Trade license
|The connection of electricity and water(small meters)||AED 100|
|The connection of electricity and water(large meters)||AED 300|
|Registration fees||AED 10|
|Knowledge fees||AED 10|
|Innovation fees||AED 10|
This amount will be refunded to you while vacating the villa or apartment. The refundable deposit for the villa is AED 4000 and for that of an apartment is AED 2000.
How to create a new DEWA account offline?
- Collect the application form that has to be filled at the DEWA office.
- Submit the application form with a mandatory field such as Ejari number.
- Pay the security deposit at the payment counter and collect the payment receipt.
How to pay DEWA bills?
One can opt for any way from all these options in order to pay DEWA bills:
1. Smart App:
By DEWA mobile app which is available on both Google Play Store and on App Store.
2. Easy Pay:
- Go to the DEWA website.
- Go to EasyPay.
- You can find your EasyPay number on your previous DEWA payment invoice. Enter your EasyPay number
- Make the payment
3. By Official Website:
- Visit: https://www.dewa.gov.ae
- Then go to Menu, click on Billing, and finally Bill Payments
- Login using UAE Pass or DEWA ID
- You can pay the bills using VISA, Master’s Card, Diner’s Club, JCB card, Union Pay credit cards, and AMEX.
One can pay DEWA bills by means of an SMS. In order to get registered for this service apply to https://mpay.dubai.ae/.
5. Customer Happiness Centers:
“Customer Happiness” is the customer service center you can find at different places in Dubai where you can avail yourself of various services and pay the DEWA bills as well.
6. Emirates Post Office:
Visit Emirates post office during official working hours from Monday to Saturday.
7. Drive Through Service:
One can pay the DEWA bill at Al Wasl and Umm Ramool customer happiness centers by drive-through service.
8. Etisalat Public Payment Machines:
One can pay DEWA bills by public payment machines if you are an Etisalat customer.
9. Petrol Stations:
Petrol stations also provide you the option to pay DEWA bills.
10. Teller Counters:
DEWA partner banks provide the payment of your DEWA bills from their tellers during office hours.
11. Payment at Banks:
There are a few banks that accept DEWA bill payments in the UAE.
The banks that accept the online payment of DEWA bills are:
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Emirates NBD
- Commercial bank of Dubai
- Ajman Bank
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Mashreq Bank
- Noor Bank
- Sharjah Islamic Bank
- National Bank of Fujairah
- RAK Bank
- United Arab Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Arab Bank
- Habib Bank
- Al Hilal Bank
- Majid Al Futtaim Finance (Najm)
- Dubai First Bank
- Masraf Bank
- National bank of Umm Quwain