The Emirates ID is an identification card that is provided by the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (ICA) in the UAE.
How to check?
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) allows UAE’s residents to check the status if one has applied for a new Emirates ID or applied for renewal or replacement of emirates ID.
Visit the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) website: https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity
Here is how you can check Emirates ID card status online via the ICA’s website:
- Visit the ID Card Status page on the ICA website
- Enter your PRAN (application number) or IDN number and click on ‘CHECK’
The PRAN number is provided on your Emirates ID application form, whereas the IDN number is an actual Emirates ID card number.
Points to note while checking the Emirates ID status:
- There are no charges for Emirates ID tracking
- The Emirates ID will be handed over in a maximum of 5 working days from the date of application.
- For any queries related to the application, call EIDA on 600522222.
- Other than just Emirates ID card status, the applicants can check the history of the application including the date of application submitted, verified, printed, etc. as well.
Residents can also use the on-screen ‘Application History Log’ in order to look into a complete timeline of their Emirates ID application.
The information in this section includes:
- Application date
- The date on which the application was sent for printing
- Information verification date
- The date on which the card was printed
- The date on which the card is sent to the post office of your locality