The multiple-entry tourist visa may be an option if you are a frequent visitor to the UAE. The five-year multiple-entry tourist visa, announced earlier this year, allows visa holders to stay in the UAE for 90 days at a time.
Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICA) posted steps that registered typing centers can follow to apply for the visa on its official social media channels.
These are the steps to follow:
- Go to www.ica.gov.ae to access the ICA’s website.
- On the right side of the screen, select ‘Smart services’.
- Select ‘Typing centers services’ and log in to the ICA system using your credentials.
- Choose the ‘Issuance of Multi-trip Tourist Visas (All Nationalities – Visa Issuance)’ option.
- Fill out the application form, attach the necessary documents, review the application, and pay the application fee.
What documents are required?
The following documents are required for the application:
- Passport copy
- Passport-sized photo with a white background
- Travel insurance
- A six-month bank statement showing a balance of $4,000 (approximately Dh14,692) or equivalent
The visa costs Dh650, and if you apply through the typing center, you will have to pay Dh50 as a service fee.
Is it possible to apply for the visa directly?
Everyone can apply for a visa through the ICA portal, but if one goes through a typing center, they will be charged a nominal fee.
How long can one stay in the UAE on a single trip?
The maximum stay is 90 days and can be further extended by paying Dh400 for an additional 90-day stay.
The maximum number of entries into the UAE is unlimited with this visa, and it takes approximately ten working days before the visa is issued.