Dubai is a city where you must pay close attention to the rules since they are highly stringent, whether they pertain to any type of business or to traffic regulations. The requirements for obtaining a driver’s license are similarly stringent. You can obtain a driving license in Dubai by using the procedure below.
Eligibility to drive
Customers, residents, and citizens who are older than the legal age and in good health are entitled to apply for a new driver’s license and for a driving instruction permit. Depending on the vehicle for which you are applying for a license, there may be a minimum age restriction. The required minimum age is as follows:
- 17 years for motorcycles and for vehicles for people with special needs
- 18 years for cars and light vehicles
- 20 years for heavy vehicles and tractors
- 21 years for buses.
The following crucial documents must be presented while applying for a driving license in Dubai:
- Original Emirates ID of the applicant.
- Original Emirates ID of the applicant and its copy
- A copy of the visa page of the applicant’s passport
- At least 8 passport-size photos of the applicant
- Applicant’s eye test results.
In some circumstances, the applicant might also need to provide a NOC (note of no objection) from their sponsor.
Driving License Fees
When it comes to Dubai driving license fees, there is no set amount. It depends on a number of variables, such as the nation you are from and how many times you try to pass the test.
You won’t have to go through the laborious process of getting a new driving license in Dubai if you are a citizen of one of the nations on the exempt list and already possess it. For a service fee that runs from AED 100 to AED 500, it can be exchanged for a Dubai license.
Here is the list of exempted countries:
- GCC Countries
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
The overall driving license cost in Dubai ranges from AED 4000 to 7000 for individuals who don’t fall within the list of exempt nations. If you frequently fail the test, the sum could be greater than this amount.
Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining a Driving License
You can take these easy procedures to obtain a driving license in Dubai if you fall within the category of “the legal age for driving.” Be aware that the licensing process is straightforward but demanding.
- To move on to practical training, make sure to pass the theoretical test.
- There are theory classes available for you to take. These courses could be taught in driving schools or online. By using what you’ve learned from them, you can ace your theory exams.
- Make sure to register at a driving school in Dubai that has received RTA approval and to submit all required paperwork.
- You can also start your training session by obtaining a learner’s permit or a temporary Dubai driver’s license.
- Make sure to finish your practical training and move forward with your internal evaluation.
- Make sure to have your eyesight checked. An optician or even your driving school could perform this.
- Make sure to finish your city road and highway classes after passing your internal assessment.
- To qualify for the RTA test, the school needs you to pass the internal parking test.
- You must pass the final RTA road test after completing the RTA test in order to obtain your driving licence in Dubai.
- Get a driver’s licence.
- It’s also crucial to keep in mind that if you fail your driving test on your first try, you will have to complete an additional seven training sessions before taking the test again.