Although using the public transportation system is one of the most practical methods to go around Dubai, did you know that each passenger has certain responsibilities and rights as well?
By being aware of your rights and obligations, you can guarantee that your trip is safe and enjoyable and that the facilities are kept in good condition so that they can be used by other commuters as well.
For instance, a bus passenger must abide by certain restrictions even if they have the right to travel without facing any form of discrimination and to obtain all required information about the bus’s itinerary. Some of these obligations include refraining from eating or drinking anything (except water) while on the bus and waiting for other people to exit before getting on.
Each day, thousands of individuals in the Emirate use the public transportation systems thanks to these fundamental guidelines and responsibilities. Here are the specifics of the manners you must uphold in order to contribute:
Bus passenger’s rights
- Discrimination against passengers on the basis of their nationality, religion, handicap, or any other [cause] should not be done either directly or indirectly.
- RTA employees must treat all passengers with respect during travel, inspections, customer service, and service delivery.
- All passenger types should be able to access it.
- The passenger must have access to the route and other important trip information.
- The passenger must have access to a route map, bus number, frequency, and fare chart prior to boarding (at a bus stop).
- The passenger must have access to information about the next bus stop after boarding.
- Within 30 days of the date of travel, passengers may file complaints or suggestions by phone, email, the web portal, and the mobile application.
Cleanliness and safety
- A passenger can anticipate a clean and orderly bus.
- When engaging in transportation-related activities and services, passengers can anticipate an attainable safety level.
- Passengers can anticipate that the driver will be well-groomed and have a clean appearance.
- A responsible motorist who complies with all traffic regulations.
- The passenger shall have the right to not share his/her personal information.
Bus passenger’s responsibilities
- RTA employees are not to be subjected to discrimination on the basis of their race, nationality, religion, gender, age, appearance, or any other factor.
- On the bus, passengers are not permitted to smoke, eat, or drink anything than water.
- To pay for the trip, passengers should tap their Nol cards at the start and finish of the journey.
- Until the bus comes to a complete stop, the passenger must stay seated. Only when there are no available seats is standing allowed.
- It is not permissible to stand in areas with red markings, next to side doors, or on the upper deck of a double-decker bus.
- No flammable, explosive, corrosive, or hazardous liquids or gases should be brought on board by passengers.
- Give women, children, senior citizens, and People of Determination priority seating.
- Allow passengers to exit before boarding the bus.
Also Read: The Dubai Water Taxi, Dubai Ferry, and Dubai Water Bus Explained