Dubai Sports City is being built around five major sports venues and features a number of sports academies. Located on Mohammad Bin Zayed Road the residential aspect of the project consists of mid-rise apartment buildings, townhouses, and villas.
Sports City features three distinct residential districts:
- Canal Residential
- Victory Heights
- Gallery Villas
Sports City is very well connected by road to most parts of the Emirate. It’s 20 minutes drive to Dubai Marina, and 1 hour 20 drive to Abu Dhabi.
Hotels in Dubai Sports City:
A few hotels are operating within Dubai Sports City offering a wide range of options for accommodation. Some notable hotels in the area include:
- Ghaya Grand Hotel
- Treppan Hotel and Suites by Fakhruddin
Commutation time from Dubai Sports City:
- 20 minutes to The Walk JBR
- 22 minutes to Dubai Mall
- 17 minutes to Palm Jumeirah
- 18 minutes to Mall of Emirates
- 29 mins to Al Maktoum International Airport
- 19 mins to Burj Al Arab
- 18 mins to Ibn Battuta Mall
- 40 mins to Dubai International Airport
- 29 mins to La Mer by Meraas
The 18-hole Ernie Els designed a golf course and clubhouse at the centre of Sports City, The Dome Dubai. There are also sports academies for cricket, swimming, rugby, football, tennis, and golf and the International Cricket Council has its HQ here as well. A 60,000-seater stadium for football, rugby, track and field events, and a rugby sports park is yet to be built.
Schools in Dubai Sports City:
The nursery named The Wonder Years Nursery is present here. There is a school called Victory Heights Primary School. The University of Balamand is just 10-minutes away in Dubai Investment Park (DIP). Many university campuses in Knowledge Park are 20-minutes away.
Clinics and hospital in Dubai Sports City:
Residents can head on to the Your Health Clinic within the development. There is the Medcare Medical Centre, roughly 6 minutes away by car in the neighbouring area of Motor City.
Leisure Activities and Notable Landmarks:
Dubai International Cricket Stadium is a highlight of Sports City. This is designed primarily to host international cricket tournaments.
Other places to visit include the green pitches of The Els Club Golf Course and The Dome, which offer residents a range of leisure activities.
Pros of living in Dubai Sports City:
- This is centrally located and can be easily accessed by two of the city’s major highways – Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Khail Road.
- Dubai Sports City offers a wide choice of residential units at affordable prices for everyone.
- Easy access to schools and nurseries.
- Dubai Sports City also offers access to various popular malls in Dubai.
- Unique views from the residential buildings.
Cons of living in Dubai Sports City:
- Ongoing construction.
- No metro access.