Residents in Dubai have access to a variety of public transportation options, but driving across the city has its own set of advantages. If you wish to buy a car in Dubai, whether new or used, the first step is to ensure you have all of the necessary documentation. The standards for new and used autos are slightly different.
Here’s a list of paperwork you’ll need to buy a car in Dubai to help you along the way. For your convenience, we’ve separated the list into new and used autos.
Checklist of Documents Required in Dubai When Buying a New or Used Car
Purchasing a car in Dubai is a simple process. The majority of the paperwork is handled by the auto dealer when you buy a new car from an authorized dealer.
Documents Required for Buying a New Car in Dubai
When you’re ready for a new one, you’ll need to bring the following documents with you:
- UAE residence visa (original and copy) – A residence visa is required to open a bank account or purchase a car in the UAE.
- Passport (original and copy)
- UAE resident ID, often known as Emirates ID, is required for anyone working or living in any of the UAE’s emirates.
- A valid UAE driver’s license – Driving licenses from selected nations (the Gulf Cooperation Council and some European countries) are valid in Dubai.
- Insurance paperwork – You must ensure your new car before driving it away from the dealership.
Furthermore, the following documents are required to purchase a car on credit:
If you’re borrowing money from a bank or a lending firm, you’ll need a salary certificate or an employer’s letter.
Previous month’s bank statements (usually for 3 to 6)
Also Read: Where to buy used cars in Dubai?
Documents Required for Buying a Used Car in Dubai
When you have finally decided to purchase a used car, you should be aware of the documentation that is required. Also, remember to make a checklist before purchasing a used automobile in the UAE. When buying a used car in Dubai, you should have the following documents:
- UAE residence visa
- Emirates ID
- Passport copy
- Car insurance agreement copy
- Previous registration card for the vehicle
- Valid Dubai driving license
- Inspection certificate obtained from an authorized Vehicle Testing Centre
Things to Consider When Buying a Used Car in Dubai
When buying a secondhand car, there are various factors to consider, including:
- A secondhand vehicle that is still financed cannot be transferred to another driver without the bank’s permission.
- Obtain a comprehensive inspection report as well as other paperwork detailing the vehicle’s history.
- Before registering, make sure there are no outstanding fines. On the official Dubai Police website, you may check the progress of your fine.
- That concludes the documentation required to purchase a vehicle. Make sure you have the aforementioned paperwork whether you plan to buy a new or used car in Dubai.