You’ve probably heard of the ten-year Golden Visa programme for university graduates with a GPA of at least 3.8. Did you know, though, that high school graduates can also apply for a Golden Visa?
A five-year Golden Visa is available to a high school student who has excelled academically. This visa plan allows you to not only receive a five-year residency permit but also to sponsor a family member.
Here are the procedures to take if you want to secure a future in the UAE and wish to apply for a Golden Visa as a high-school graduate in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
How to apply for a Golden Visa for high school students in Dubai?
If you are a high school graduate living in Dubai and hold a valid UAE residence visa, you must apply for a ‘Golden Visa for Outstanding Students’ through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai, which is responsible for issuing visas in Dubai. You can apply online at www.gdrfa.gov.ae or by calling the GDRFA customer service center at Amer.
According to the GDRFA website, university students receive a 10-year Golden Visa, while high-school students receive a five-year Golden Visa.
When applying for a five-year Golden Visa, high school students must submit the following documentation, according to GDRFA:
- A letter from the Ministry of Education recommending you.
- a copy of the residency visa that has been sponsored (Dubai residents only).
- A copy of the sponsored passport is required.
A high school graduate must have finished their final tests and received a 95 percent or higher in a public or private secondary school to be eligible for the five-year Golden Visa.
Is the visa renewable?
The visa may be extended after five years if the student is enrolled in one of the country’s main schools and the course requires a study term of more than five years, according to GDRFA.
Can one sponsor the family under the five-year Golden Visa?
According to the GDRFA, the parents and siblings of an outstanding student are granted a Golden Visa for the term of their stay in the UAE.
How to apply for a Golden Visa for high school students in Abu Dhabi?
Students who receive at least 95% in their final exams are eligible for a five-year visa in Abu Dhabi. Students who graduated after the 2020 academic year are eligible to apply, according to Abu Dhabi’s official online government services portal, tamm.abudhabi. If they attended a private school, students must additionally have a reference letter from the Ministry of Education (in the case of public institutions) or the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK).
You must first apply for the position by filling out an application form. The form is available via the ‘Request for Golden Visa Nomination’ online service, which may be found here:
- https://www.tamm.abudhabi/en/aspects-of-life/visaemiratesid/entryresidencypermits/Visa Requirements/RequestforGoldenVisaNomination
- To use this service on Tamm, you must first register an account with UAE Pass (link).
- As part of its qualification assessment, the website will ask you to complete a series of questions. Once you’ve reached the excellent student category, you’ll need to fill out the application form and upload the appropriate documentation.
- After you submit your application, it must first be authorized by the Abu Dhabi Residents Office, which is a government-run institution tasked with assisting newcomers to Abu Dhabi. The application is then sent to the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP), which grants the Golden Visa, once it has been granted.
Graduates of high school are eligible if they meet the following requirements:
- Achieved high grades from a high school in Abu Dhabi
- Certificate of graduation from an Abu Dhabi secondary school.
- If the student was enrolled in a public school, a letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Education.
- If the pupil is enrolled in a private school, the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) will provide a recommendation.
Additional documents required
You must also present the following identifying documents in addition to a recommendation letter and a graduation certificate certifying your academic performance:
- Emirates ID
- Passport copy valid not less than six months
Following the method outlined on the TAMM website, you will obtain a tracking number to track the status of your nomination request and will be notified when the request is complete and the form has been sent to ICP for finalization.