The comprehensive plan for Dubai’s development of the countryside and wilderness areas has been officially approved by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
This area is 2,216 km2 and includes the implementation of integrated package development projects and initiatives.
“We have the most beautiful city in the world. Our goal is to make the Dubai countryside and prairies the best and most beautiful places for everyone,” Sheikh Mohammed says.
He stated that the directives were for rural and countryside development plans to generate direct economic returns for those living in these areas.
Dubai Media Office posted a tweet stating that the plan included preserving rural areas and providing all services, facilities and needs to their residents.
The plan will include the preservation of archaeological sites and nature reserves, as well as supporting farmers and local products.
These are also included in the countryside and rural area development plan:
- The Saih Al-Salam Road 1 project is a 100 km road for bicycles and vehicles.
- Trips to the Al Marmoom Heritage Village and Saruq Al-Hadid, an ancient site.
- Kayak boats, hot-air balloons, and camps
- An open cinema
- Helicopter tours
- Club for remotely controlled cars and planes
- Desert electric scooters for navigation
Implementation and governance will be handled by the Supreme Committee for Urban Planning