Besides its tall buildings and expansive shopping malls, Dubai also boasts a number of world-renowned leisure attractions. Atlantis the Palm is one of the most famous structures in Dubai, rivaling the fame of the iconic Burj Khalifa and The Dubai Mall, a luxury beachfront resort that put Palm Jumeirah on the global hospitality map.
Atlantis The Palm is one of the world’s most famous hotels, with countless tourists snapping pictures of its renowned pink palace-like exterior. Once inside, there’s even more to see. At this resort, there is something for everyone – from a world-class restaurant to an absolutely massive water park and even an aquarium. In fact, you won’t need to leave until it is time to check out.
There are a variety of activities available at this Palm Jumeirah resort, from helicopter rides to stingray feeding sessions.
Amazing facts about Atlantis, The Palm:
- The first hotel resort to open on Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest manmade island, was Atlantis The Palm, which opened in 2008.
- On Palm Jumeirah, the Atlantis, The Palm is the largest hotel. The resort’s footprint is roughly the size of 64 Wembley football fields, and it has 1,539 rooms.
- Atlantis, the Palm, has an undeniable underwater theme and is surrounded by beaches, pools, along with a world-class aquarium, a marine life center, and a waterpark that offers rides for the whole family.
- Its underwater suites are named after the legends of Poseidon and Neptune.
- Ambassador Lagoon is recognized as the largest open-air aquarium in Africa and the Middle East as well as one of the top 10 largest aquariums in the world.
- There is a 10-meter long glass viewing pane in the Ambassadors Lagoon that allows guests to see the stingrays up close. The glass is 70 cm thick, making it strong enough to prevent damage.
- A total of 472 kilos of restaurant-quality seafood per day are fed to all the fish at Atlantis, the Palm.
- The Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) has awarded Atlantis, the Palm its gold-standard accreditation. In the entire Middle East, Atlantis, the Palm is the first hotel to be recognized for high standards of animal care by the AZA, a global standard for animal welfare.
- The care of marine wildlife requires a team of more than 100 specialists, comprising technicians, veterinarians, and mammal specialists. Each mammal specialist can spend up to nine hours a day nurturing the relationship with the sea lions.
- In addition to dolphin bay and sea lion point, Atlantis has its own eco-centers dedicated to marine education and conservation, which are the first of their kind in the area.
- More than 65,000 marine animals live in the Lost Chambers Aquarium, which includes the Ambassadors Lagoon and many other underwaters and marine exhibits. A total of 65 shark species, representing 11 different species, are present in that 65,000 total.
- There is a 17-hectare water-themed amusement park, Aquaventure, surrounding Atlantis, the Palm.
- Approximately 1.5 million guests take part in the world’s most famous thrill ride, ‘Leap of Faith’, every year at AquaVenture.
- There is also an adventure rapid river in Aquasaventure that’s the longest in the Middle East.
- Among the Palm’s many restaurants, Ossiano, the underwater restaurant, sees more marriage proposals than any other.
- There are over 23 dining options in Atlantis, the Palm, including three Michelin-starred establishments by celebrity chefs Gordon Ramsay, Giorgio Locatelli, and Nobi Matsuhisa.
- The renowned restaurant of Nobu Matsuhisa, Nobu, is renowned for serving some of the world’s best sushi and sashimi. However, the most requested dish is the infamous Black Cod, which consistently sells well over 20,000 portions a year.
- Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant in Atlantis is named after its UK equivalent, that is Bread Street, which is located at 10 Bread Street in the local area of London, England.
- Each day, more than 15,000 meals are served by more than 400 chefs throughout the resort.
- Each week, more than 700 children visit the Atlantis Kids Club, which is the only kids club in the world that has an underwater observation area and activity room.
Location: Atlantis Dubai, Crescent Road, The Palm, Dubai